2012 Posts in 1136 Topics by 11862 Members
Latest Member: seyidekol 
Naija Updates: Hot Topics

Author Topic: Abdulmumin Jibrin wins APC House of Reps primary in Kano  (Read 888 times)

Offline ukbenstar

• View Profile
Abdulmumin Jibrin wins APC House of Reps primary in Kano
« on: October 04, 2018, 01:59:08 pm »
Abdulmumin Jibrin, member of Nigeria's House of Representatives on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has won the party's ticket to return to the national assembly to represent Kiru/Bebeji federal constituency of Kano state.

The lawmaker who is one of President Buhari's loyalists at that national assembly disclosed this on his twitter feed on Thursday, October 4.
"APC direct primaries in Kano for House of Representatives. It turns out a work free day for me because my constituents put me up again as sole candidate for the APC..ALHAMDULILLAH! I wish all my colleagues and aspiring new members best of luck as the votes are counted," he tweeted.

Recall that Jibrin was suspended in 2016 for alleging that the speaker, Yakubu Dogara, and other principal officers of the House padded the 2016 budget with about N40 billion. He then dragged the House, the speaker and the clerk of the House to court to challenge the suspension.

Honourable Abdulmumin Jibrin (APC), a member of the House of Representatives from Kano state, visited his constituency to secure the support of his people. The lawmaker was welcomed by his supporters at his hometown of Kofa Bebeji Kano on Sunday, August 5. Jibrin said his people trooped out not only to welcome him but to show solidarity to the All Progressives Congress (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Ganduje and himself.

Advert.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal