2309 Posts in 1430 Topics by 11869 Members
Latest Member: GeriKentis 
Naija Updates: Hot Topics

Author Topic: Domestic Violence  (Read 1115 times)

Offline tinyfunmi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Domestic Violence
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »
So we were watching a Nigerian movie and one of the women I was watching the movie with commented 'she deserved the beating’. She was referring to a female character in the film whose husband beat her so badly she needed hospital treatment because she was rude to him and his family on several occasions. I looked at her in horror and thought to myself  ‘is she actually saying such domestic violence is ok in certain instances’. I’ve heard domestic violence is not new/strange among Nigerians, but my fear is: because we’ve come to accept it as the norm it is getting worse. In the last two years I have heard about at least 3 instances where domestic violence ignored led to death, the most recent is the case of Arowolo Akolade who allegedly stabbed his wife to repeatedly death.  Here is what I think: violence either physical or emotional by either a man or a woman to their spouse  or any other person is wrong. There is no justification for it.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • AIM HIGH AND BE THOROUGH
    • View Profile
    • www.naijaforumsquare.com
Re: Domestic Violence
« Comment or Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:41:05 PM »
You are right. We should all treat each other with respect and dignity. Afterall, we are all equal in the presence of the Lord who is our creator.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:14:40 PM by Admin »

Advert.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal